Monday, July 29, 2013

And yet again, I have let almost a year get between me and a new post to the blog.  Kate and I have this deal, you see.  Each time she scrapbooks for the kids, I am supposed to do a blog post.  I'm somewhere around 4 million posts behind at present.

We've been living at the new place for about 18 months now.  So far, so good.  The drive took a little getting used to for the kids, but they have accepted it as the new normal.  We've made changes all over the place. Just off the top of my head, I've stripped wallpaper in the kitchen (and repainted it),  painted each kid's room, stripped and stained the front porch, built a mudroom cubby, changed primary lights in the kitchen and our bathroom, new ceiling fans in two rooms, added ventilation to the bonus room and new windows throughout.  In other words, we've had nonstop projects.  The only one that I didn't do myself was the windows. I have to admit, I have found that I love doing this all this stuff.  The mudroom and ventilation projects proved that I could build and expand on to something and not destroy anything else in the process.  I already have a list for the next 6 months that I'm working on.  We'll definitely have to add blog posts as I complete them.



We have a new addition.  Not a house addition, but a family addition!  On July 11, 2013 at 2:58pm, Kate and I welcomed into the world Coleton William Southern.  The little guy is two and a half weeks old right now and changes every single day.  Once again, it has been amazing to watch the miracle we call a baby come to be a part of our lives.  Emma, Carter and Caraline have been fantastic with him.  Emma is the mother hen of the house now.  She so wants to please and be helpful with Coleton.  She's doing very well so far.  Carter is excited that the numbers are back to even for boys vs girls.  I can't blame him.  More potential estrogen in the house could have really tampered our boy time. 



And then there's Caraline.  She's struggling a little bit with the focus not being on her as much.  We were completely potty trained and doing very well, but have had a few regressive moments lately.  Oddly enough though, she's yet to have an accident at night.  Just in the middle of the day.  Like when Mama is feeding Coleton in the living room and Cara walks to the bathroom, says she has to go potty and when Mama tells her to go on her own because she is a big girl, she turns around and pees all over the floor. Of course, she then tells Kate that she's happy for her in response to Kate saying that she is NOT happy with her. I am so glad I was not home today when this happened.  Don't think I could have contained myself.

Emma just spent two weeks at a day camp learning about horses.  She seemed to really love it.  Ironically, her horse's name was Carter.  He was stubborn and often required constant redirection from Emma to keep him on task for what they were doing.  She said that when she got out of the car each day, it was like she was never leaving her brother.



Carter is, well, Carter.  He seems to float through life living oblivious to the future and not really paying attention to the past.  He literally has to be the most carefree person that I know.  Hopefully, 3rd grade will be not too much of a shock to him.  2nd grade was a breeze. He may actually have to apply himself this year and study.  Or, who knows, he may not need to. 



Kate is looking for a school job again this year.  She worked for the Macomb ISD last year, but in a substitute SLP position.  She's looking for something more permanent this year.  Keep you fingers crossed for her.  Any place would be lucky to have her on their staff. 

As for me, I'm going to start a new blog here shortly.  10 years ago, I finished what I thought was my first novel.  I really liked parts of it and hated other parts. So, I decided to put it away and not look at it.  Last week, I pulled it out of the closet, read through a bit of it and decided that its time to revamp it and tell the story a bit from a different perspective in some parts.  To keep me accountable, I've decided to publish the novel as part of a new blog.  Keep an eye out later this week for the first installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment